Organisation administrators can manage the contacts list for their TracPlus account. You can then use these contacts to set up your team’s Distress / Emergency Notification alert system and your Messaging Whitelist.
NOTE: Only users with the Administrator role have editing access to the sections mentioned in this article.
Managing Contacts for an Organisation
To manage contacts for an organisation as an administrator, please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Settings section by clicking on Settings iconon the lefthand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Contacts section where you can view all your current contacts.
- To edit the contact’s information, click on the Edit icon under the “Action” column which will allow you to edit the information of that contact.
- To add a new contact, click on the plus icon which will open a new dialogue box where you can add the new contact person’s information.
- There are 3 contact types you can choose from SMS, Phone and Email.
If you wish to add multiple phone numbers and email addresses for a particular contact, you will need to add the contact several times. However, once they are added; our system will collate all the contact details into one contact which makes editing contacts a breeze.
Adding a new contact to an organisation via the Settings section
If you are an Administrator and would like to learn more: Guide for Administrator users in TracPlus Cloud
Managing Emergency Contacts and Notifications for an Asset
To manage and edit Emergency contacts for an asset, please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Manage section, click on the Manage iconon the lefthand side of the screen.
- Under the Assets & People tab, you will see a list of assets that you own and are shared with you.
- To edit the asset, click on the Edit icon under the “Action” column for that asset.
- This will take you to that particular asset’s management section. Scroll down to the Emergency Contacts section.
- To set an emergency contact to receive emergency notifications, Click on the Edit icon under the “Actions” column.
- Click on the icons (Phone or SMS) next to their number or email address icon to enable the notification service for them to either receive a phone call (if on Notify & Call plan) or a text message notification for a Distress Incident or AMS Overdue session.
If the option is enabled, the icon will turn Blue. To disable notifications for that contact, click on the icon again. Disabled contacts will appear in grey in the contacts list.
Note: You are unable to make changes to the contact details in the dialogue box. To edit the contacts, click on the link: “Create and edit contacts on the organisation settings page” present at the bottom of the Emergency contacts box.
Enabling and Managing Emergency Contacts for an Asset accessed via the Manage section.
NOTE: For an emergency contact to receive a phone call notifying them of a Distress Incident, customers need to subscribe to our Notify & Call plan. Customers on the Notify Only plan, will not receive a Distress Incident phone call, even if the phone icon appears in blue/is enabled.
Under the Emergency contacts section, you will find the Voice Contacts section.
The Voice contact section allows you to prioritise your emergency contacts i.e., manage the order in which contacts will be notified in case of emergency. This is only available for organisations who are on either Notify then Call or Notify & Call plans.
Further information on Distress Notifications and Escalations can be found here: https://www.tracplus.com/distress
To move the priority of an asset to called first or later, select the voice contact from the Contacts table and drag the row to re-order the call priority.
NOTE: In order to see the contacts in this list you would need to make sure that in the Emergency Contacts section for contact the option to receive calls/phone icon is enabled (highlighted Blue).
Managing the call priority in case of emergency for an asset accessed via the Manage section.
If you have any further questions or require assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org