DataVault is a high performance telemetry and data acquisition system tailored to meet the needs of the aerial fire-fighting community.
With its GPS and Iridium TSO dual function antenna, DataVault provides advanced tracking services which relay position data via the Iridium network to TracPlus (NAFC AFAMS integration partner for Australia, and tracking service provider) on a configurable time or distance basis.
The optional Pilot Message Interface allows the pilot to adjust easily the tracking transmission interval parameter to a specific time or Geo-fence to optimise transmission bandwidth when operating in limited geographical territory.
The DataVault has both fixed and removable data storage, which when combined with its internal motion sensors, enables deep post-mission analysis to assess delivery efficiency, aircraft utilisation and pilot performance. Internal memory constantly records more than 40 parameters, including geo-tags, at intervals as short as 0.1s and has capacity for more than 1,000 flight hours. Information can also be collected on a USB stick and uploaded to an internet accessible database for mission replay, plotting, reporting and sharing data with authorised third parties.
Configured via a comprehensive set of PC based DataVault tools, the “Pro” model delivers the ability to add digital or analog inputs which can be easily scaled to actual units of measure, recorded and transmitted in real time to a base station via it's internal Iridium modem or paired with your existing third-party products such as TracMap, or Flightcell’s DMZx.
- Time or Distance based location tracking (pilot selectable)
- High resolution 10Hz data logging with internal SD Card storage
- Reporting tools for in-depth data analysis
- Monitor user I/O with alerts
- USB Flash-drive for data transfer
- Developed to exceed NAFC / USFS reporting requirements
- Plug and Play connection to Air Tractor FRDS GENII
- Logs over 45 parameters to SD/USB and transmits real time status to NAFC
- Extensive I/O and firmware capability to support other aircraft / fire gate types
- Pre-programmed bi-directional Air to Ground messaging (with optional Message Interface)
- Pilot display of linearized tank contents, fuel level or other parameters (with Message Interface)
- Outputs for control of solenoid and proportional valves / devices
- Fully configurable for various applications
Pro models of the DataVault include the ability to drive electric motors, on / off and proportional valves to enable control of other equipment on the aircraft.
|Dimensions||188mm x 188mm x 63mm (7 3/8" x 7 3/8" x 2 1/2")|
|Weight||1.8kg (4 lbs)|
|Connectors||Amphenol automotive, M12, mircroUSB, SMA|
|Inputs (Standard)||2 serial, 4 analog, 4 digital (configurable)|
|Outputs (Standard)||2 serial, 4 digital (3.5A, +30 Volts, internally protected)|
|Inputs (Pro)||2 serial, 8 analog, 8 digital (configurable)|
|Outputs (Pro)||8 digital (3.5A, +30 Volts, internally protected)|
|Inputs (XM–Pro)||2 serial, 8 analog, 16 digital (configurable) – requires ext GPS / Sat Modem|
|Outputs (XM-Pro)||2 serial, 16 digital (3.5A, +30Volts), 4 proportional valve drivers|
|Sensors (internal)||GPS, Accelerometer and Gyro, Internal Thermometer, Power Loss / Batt. Voltage|
|Screen Type||Sunlight readable mono-chromatic backlit LCD|
|Indicators||17 status LEDs|
|Antennas||External GPS and Iridium|
|Input Voltage||18-36 VDC|
|Power Consumption||14w Max (Transmitting)|
|Satellite Network||Iridium SBD via 9602 modem|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Operating Environment||<75% Relative Humidity|