The SHOUT ts™ is designed specifically for global tracking, communication and distress monitoring. Being the smallest Iridium™ handheld device available on the market, the SHOUT ts™ features ultra-low power consumption and is able to send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,500 reports).
Equipped with a high-resolution touch screen colour LCD and on-screen keyboards supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages or a combination of both, it is both simple to use and effective. For ease of use and quick access, the menu options are displayed as icons.
NAL Research Shout ts
A 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data is either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format and can also be sent in encrypted PECOS formats including Brevity codes.
The SHOUT ts offers a variety of services including:
- Normal Tracking — programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert — sends alerts to TracPlus and your nominated emergency contacts using a 911 button. Using TracPlus software monitoring users and the user in the field can then communicate by text message to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Free-Text Messaging — sends free text via four different sets of on-screen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging — sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Waypoint Tracking — sends and/or saves waypoints (interested landmarks) for later retrieval.
- Check-In — allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key.
NAL Research Shout ts Specifications
|Dimensions:||140mm” L x 60mm” W x 20mm” D (Including antenna)|
|Input Voltage Range:||2.7VDC to 5.5VDC|
|Input Nominal Voltage:||4.0VDC|
|Power consumption during standby:||less than 35 μA @ 5.0VDC|
|Power Input Type:||External DC power or internal battery|
|Operating Frequency:||1616 to 1626.5 MHz|
|Link Margin Downlink:||13 dB average|
|Link Margin Uplink:||7 db average|
|Average Power Transmission:||< 1.0 W|
|Receiver Type:||1575.42 MHz (L1), 50-channel, C/A code|
|Accuracy:||2.5 m CEP in good coverage|
|Update Rate:||4 Hz|
|Start-up Times:||1 second hot-starts, 28 seconds warm|
|Sensitivity:||< 160 dBm|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to +185ºF ( -40ºC to +85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||< 75% RH|
Attached is the detailed User's Guide document along with the easy and simple Quickstart guide.