A RockFLEET GSM will track the position of your assets, and send and receive short messages from anywhere on Earth with a clear view of the sky. It transmits using either terrestrial Cellular GSM networks and the Iridium satellite network so it works far beyond the reach of standard WiFi and GSM networks. If you need to communicate in an emergency, when other networks might not be available, a RockFLEET GSM can help you.
It operates as a standalone device and can be Bluetooth paired with either an iPhone or iPad for text messaging and transmitting forms. It is designed for permanent installation on ships, yachts, vehicles and other assets. The unit is waterproof and ruggedised, with a variety of mounting options to suit your needs.
The RockFLEET GSM allows short messages (like SMS and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device (such as an iPhone) and the TP Connect App. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
The combination of Cellular GSM and Iridium provides a cost-effective, and truly global, method of tracking and communicating with your assets wherever they may be.
At the heart of RockFLEET GSM is an Iridium 9602 modem. The RockFLEET GSM hosts the 9602 and provides it with an antenna, and its power supply requirements. Various options are provided for allowing you to communicate with your own systems, via RS-232, Bluetooth LE and more.
- Autonomous GPS tracking
- Various mounting options for covert or non-covert installation
- Transmission via Cellular GSM or Iridium Satellite (via optional add-on)
- Full 2-way communication system from anywhere on Earth using a Bluetooth paired iOS device and TP Connect
- Integrated Power Conditioning (9-30v)
- Internal Battery Backup, allows for up to 2 weeks of un-powered operation
- Truly Global Operation, using the Iridium satellite network
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters such as tracking frequency
- Optional serial integration add-on to provide switch-triggered events
|RockFLEET GSM Specifications|
|RockFLEET GSM Unit||120mm Diameter x 50mm high|
|Mounting Options||Flat Steel Plate or a Rail Mount|
|Cable Options||3m 9-30v (can be varied)|
|Storage Temperature||-40 to 85 deg C|
|Operating Temperature||-30 to 60 deg C|
|Operating Environment||<75% Relative Humidity|
|Testing||Rugged Unit - Sealed against dust and water ingression to IP68|
|Input Voltage||DC (9-30v)|
|Power Consumption||500mA max, plus very low current sleep mode (,30mA)|
|Iridium Modem||9602 short burst transceiver|
|Iridium Antenna||Maxtena 1621 patch antenna|
|Transmit Using||Iridium or GSM|
|Serial Communications, Bluetooth LE, 9-30v power input, various mounting bracket options|