The combination of GSM and Iridium provides a cost-effective, and truly global, method of tracking and communicating with your assets wherever they may be. The RockAIR can also transmit at different rates when in cellular coverage versus satellite-only (e.g. faster in cellular areas, more slowly when transmitting over iridium) - this is controlled via the cellular profile.
The RockAIR has the capabilities for multiple external switch inputs for easy reporting from external sensors allowing the automatic and accurate capture and transmission of takeoffs, landings, engine start-ups, and engine shutdowns, in addition to user-defined events from other sensors.
A host of internal sensors allows the RockAIR to transmit flight operating conditions such as operating temperature or sudden impact events. In addition, GPS, internal and external sensor information is logged onto a removable SD card every second, allowing the RockAIR to operate as a flight recorder for post-flight or post-incident analysis.
|Power||9-30v and USB Input.|
Built in backup battery.
|Transmits||Using either GSM or Iridium|
|Size (unit on its own)||119 mm x 100 mm x 25 mm|
|Installation||Quick Release Mounting Clip|
|Idea for||Carry on installation on aircraft/rotorcraft.|
Fixed/carry on for land vehicles
|Tracking Options||Configurable from 15 seconds to 24 hours.|
Different tracking rates when in Cellular verse Satellite.
|Switches||5 x External Switches|
|Antennas||Internal Iridium and GPS antennas.|
Option for External Antenna (must be requested on purchase)
|Certifications||FCC & CE|
RockAIR Front panel overview
An NVG-compatible front panel provides temporary suspension of tracking in agricultural or on-station loiter operations, automated TracWatch monitoring, position marking and distress/distress cancellation. Fully supported by TracPlus's proven platform and renowned customer service.
- Mark Waypoint
- Distress Button
- Asset Monitoring
- LED Brightness is adjustable
The RockAIR, when paired with the TracPlus app (TP Connect available for iPhone / iPad) brings additional functionality to the cockpit. This includes sending and receiving text messages, configuring the device, and filling and sending user-defined forms anywhere in the world, regardless of cellular coverage.
Active Monitoring Service (AMS) / Flight following
AMS provides continuous monitoring of tracking data from your assets. If any asset unexpectedly stops transmitting, you will be alerted automatically.
How it works:
- At the start of a mission/flight trip, your crew requests monitoring by pressing the AMS (YELLOW) button.
- At the safe conclusion of the mission, your crew cancels monitoring by pressing the AMS button again.
- While being monitored, the tracking data from an asset is continuously and automatically analyzed. If tracking resumes while an asset is Of Concern or Overdue, a Stand Down message is sent to In Case of Emergency (ICE) contacts, and any open distress incident is automatically closed.
- If tracking stops unexpectedly, an Of Concern text message is sent to your ICE contacts after a preset time (e.g. 5 minutes). If tracking does not resume within a further preset time (e.g. another 5 minutes), an Overdue message is sent to your ICE contacts and a distress incident commences.
- Once the crew lands on the ground, press and hold the AMS (YELLOW) button again to close the monitoring.
SOS / Distress Notifications and Esclatation
RockAIR unit has the RED Distress button which the pilot or crew can press which will notify our emergency monitoring team at the time of emergency. Delivering critical peace of mind by ensuring your team is actively monitored, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.