Who Monitors the Call Centre
We have staff on call on a rotating roster. However, they do not sit around watching tracking screens. They receive notification of any emergency event by text message and email, on multiple phones, and on different cellular networks for redundancy.
The TracPlus support team are all located in Dunedin, New Zealand and when on call are always within 15 miles radius of the office. However, we all have secure access to our internal network from home.
Emergency Behaviour Settings
There are variations on the emergency behaviour process depending on your preferences with the variations listed and explained below. No matter what procedure the client chooses (TracPlus recommends the notify and call or notify first) the emergency messages are always visible within the TracPlus software/apps, and we can be called 24/7 if customers need assistance in any way with TracPlus.
Notify and Call
If the emergency switch has been activated:
- An emergency message arrives at the TracPlus servers and automatically notifies our on-call staff and the customer's nominated emergency contacts by text message and email.
- Our call centre staff call the customer's nominated contacts to ensure they are aware of the emergency, advise of location, speed heading etc. and give the client the option to handle the emergency.
- If we are not able to establish contact with the customer's emergency contacts (after multiple attempts) or they are panicked/flustered or just don’t know what to do, and it is a genuine emergency, TracPlus support will call their local Rescue Coordination Center.
- Local Rescue Coordination Center will then handle.
Notify OnlyIf the emergency switch has been activated:
- An emergency message arrives at the TracPlus servers and automatically notifies the customer's nominated emergency contacts by text message and email.
- If the customer does not respond to the message that they have accepted the incident and are handling the situation within 5 minutes, they will be continually sent reminders every 5 minutes (unless the device has sent an emergency cancel message)
- Our call center staff will never be notified and it is completely in the client’s hands to handle their own emergencies and call their local Rescue Coordination Center etc.
We do have a US $50 charge for false emergencies that get escalated to TracPlus Support. We are VERY flexible, understanding and forgiving and it is very rare for us to charge clients for a false emergency. However, repeat or persistent offenders will be charged US $50 per false emergency event that is escalated to TP Support. We do encourage clients to arrange an appropriate time to test the emergency function and behaviour by prior arrangement.