From time to time the manufacturer will release new versions of the software which runs on your GPS tracker (called firmware). The latest firmware for a RockFLEET is version 3.4.23.
These will often provide minor bug fixes to address problems which have been discovered, and often include new features or adjustments to functionality.
Upgrading firmware should only be carried out after the advice of a member of our staff, or where directed by our documentation.
By upgrading you will be wiping the software and settings which makes the unit work, and replacing it with new software. In very rare circumstances, for instance if the upgrade is interrupted, it can result in a tracker becoming inoperable – we therefore advise that it should not be carried out immediately before you need to use it in the field!
To Upgrade the RockFLEET GSM Firmware
- Download and install the TP Connect App for iOS from the app store
- Turn on either Network, Wifi or Mobile Data on your phone.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- Start up the TP Connect app on your phone.
- Tap Connect to Device in the app (you may first have to select Change Device to rediscover the RockFLEET).
- Select the RockFLEET GSM device from the list of available Bluetooth items.
- Go to Advanced->Firmware and tap 'Update.'
- Unlock the device with 1 2 3 4 and tap 'Unlock Device.'
- Tap 'Update' at the top right of the screen.
If there is a firmware update available, the RockFLEET GSM will start downloading it through your phone's internet connection. This may take up to 15 minutes to complete and during this time the phone will need to remain in the proximity of the RockFLEET GSM to finish the download.
Once the download is completed the RockFLEET GSM will automatically start to install. This will take a couple of minutes and you may need to restart the app when completed.
The RockFLEET GSM will now be upgraded with the latest firmware. To check what version is installed on the RockFLEET GSM unit go to About->Firmware Version to see.
After upgrading, the tracker’s settings will be retained but we recommend that you double check your configuration and set your desired tracking frequency etc.
In the rare case that your RockFLEET GSM becomes unresponsive after a firmware update please use the 'reset magnet' supplied with your RockFLEET GSM. Place the magnet against the side edge of the RockFLEET GSM and slide it around the RockFLEET GSM twice. You will hear an audible click and beep, followed by the LED flashing while the RockFLEET GSM restarts.
Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact the TracPlus support team on email@example.com or call us on +64 (3) 477 8656.